The role accountabilities are stated below:
- Maintain the hydrogeological model of the mine;
- Collect, analyze and interpret hydrogeological data to provide input for mine design and sequencing;
- Construct 3D numerical and stochastic models of soil and groundwater contamination for geotechnical assessments and planning of remedial activities;
- Ensure hydrogeological activities are carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with mining regulations and company safety practices;
- Develop and implement procedures to reduce mine water inflow, including grouting procedures;
- Develop mine hydrogeology controls for current and new zones or mines;
- Analyze collected information to assess and predict the impact of mining activities on groundwater;
- Manage QA/QC programs for groundwater control systems and ensure non-compliance with standards is addressed promptly;
- Provide advice and recommendations on hydrogeological issues related to mine design, planning, and operations;
- Assist in the design of mine sumps and pumping systems;
- Interpret maps, geographical data, historical evidence and models to build a comprehensive understanding of the groundwater regime and land contamination;
- Provide safety leadership to support the mine’s Journey to Zero roadmap;
- Conduct regular audit of mine pumping systems and recommend appropriate changes where necessary;
- Inspect active underground headings and ensure the production team adheres to minimum standards;
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time by the Leader.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a minimum of Degree in Geological Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar position in an underground mining environment with focus on hydrogeological engineering;
- Must have working knowledge in structural mapping and hydrogeological modeling;
- Must be able to manage hydrogeological drilling programmes and the depressurization strategies;
- Must have a valid first aid certificate;
- Proficient in the use of Surpac, ModFlow, AutoCad, MineCad, DeswikCad and other hydrogeology modelling tools;
- Ability to visualize geology and conceptualize groundwater flow in three dimensions;
- Ability to understand underground plan and design;
- Excellent level of numeracy;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven leadership and people management abilities with a track record of success;
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity and ethical conduct;
- Proficient in report writing and data analysis;
- Strong data management and presentation skills;
- Adept at working safely and efficiently under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively with all stakeholders to accomplish organizational values;
- Ability to work within limited time constraints;
- Project management skills;
- Computer literacy skills; Microsoft Office suite (word, excel and power point) and other related applications.
MODE OF APPLICATION：
Interested applicants should submit applications to: email@example.com or the address below and follow the application guidelines:
SENIOR HR GENERALIST OFFICER
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
P. O. BOX 16075, KIA, ACCRA
1. Clearly identify which job posting you are applying for by referencing the job title.
2. Include only essential personal information (do not include your gender, date of birth, age, family status, military status, citizenship status, home address or personal identification numbers).
3. Include an introductory paragraph in your cover letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for.
4. Please limit CV to a maximum of 3 pages.
5. Your CV should include qualifications/certificates, work experience and a minimum of two references.
6. Please list work experience and qualifications in order with most recent being first.
The closing date for submission of applications is 31st July 2023.
Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted.
*** Females are encouraged to apply.